Saturday, April 22, 2017

S is for Stalker

Wait?  What does this have to do with vacations?  I don't know how much it really does, but I'll be happy that I won't have to deal with it.  Even if it's only for twelve days.


Here is my story.


Where my house is there are only two other houses in the intermediate area.  We are surrounded by a creek on one side, woods on the other and a church hides us from the main road.  It's cozy and hidden.


I have lived here for almost four years now.  I love my little hidden house.  (It's not super little either, I have four bedrooms and I think that's more than enough) 


One of my neighbors moved within the last three months or so.  Every once in a while we would chat (I thought he talked too much and I wanted to just get inside my house most of the time).  We would chat about dumb things, like the other neighbors, the lawn and stuff about the houses (they both had the same owners previously).  I didn't talk about my life or anything about it.  Maybe my car.  But's that about it.


One day when he wouldn't be quiet, he mentioned something about me getting new curtains.  I didn't think about it at the time, but I was like, yep, even back here you need curtains for the front room otherwise anyone can look in.  Someone had been looking in and it had been him.


Anyway, back to the stalker thing.


So he moved,  last week I received a friend request on Facebook with no common friends and no message.  Being the person I am,  I declined the friend request.  I work for the government in Social Services and every once in a while a client of the agency likes to friend request me.  A few days later, I got a message saying he was my old neighbor and I was like, oh yeah, that was your first name.  I didn't know his last name.  Come to think of it, he shouldn't have known my last name either.  I never gave it to him.  (Although you can look it up on the property records in the county we live in)


We chatted for a little while asking how I was and asking about the new neighbor and wanted me to tell the third neighbor "Hey" when I saw him.  He also mentioned things about me that he shouldn't have known.  I know I never told him.  He sent me another friend request and I accepted it this time.  He got my phone number off of my Facebook page.  (It's still on there from when I set up my Facebook account way back in 2006, when you had to put a phone number on there)  He started texting me.  I was leading a Girl Scout meeting, when I got a text that said "I feel really dumb, but I want to tell you something"  After Girl Scouts, I answered him and I was like "What's that?" and I get "I've been really attracted to you for the entire time you lived there."  and I was like "Oh, I had no idea"  Which is true, I didn't.  I have no interest in him what so ever.


And this is when he starts to make me feel uncomfortable.  I get the question "Do you ever wear thigh highs?"  Ummmm....WTH?  The answer was "Nope" and he was all "Well, that's okay because you look really sexy in your black yoga pants" and my reply was "Okay" and I get "They show your curves off really well and I also love that you are so busty."  I didn't respond.


The next day, I get a message with the purple devil smile face emoji.  I responded with a ?.  And he was all like "Hey, what are you wearing?"  "Jeans and a T-Shirt" and the response I got was "Do they show your curves well."  I never responded.


When I pulled into my driveway I get a text "Is it bad that all I think about is caressing you from the back?".  I didn't respond. 


The next day,  I get a message "Do you like to spoon?"  I didn't respond.


A few hours later, as I'm pulling into my driveway I get a sad face emoji.  I didn't respond.


That night, I finally look at his Facebook page and find out he is a homophobic racist.  He also has a strong dislike for immigrants, both legal and illegal.  Obviously, we would not be a good fit for each other.  Does he not realize what I do for a living?  Does he not realize that I will not deal with intolerance of other humans?  I'm more of a peaceful, accepting person.  I don't want to hear talk about how one person is superior to another. 


Number one, this type of behavior is just rude.  He thought it was okay to go from just acquaintances to sending me messages like that.  He might have watched me for years, but he should not have felt comfortable enough to send me messages like that.  Ever.  That makes me worry about what he would do in real life.


Number two, they might not seem like much, but the perverted behavior is uncalled for.  No women deserves to be sent those things.  It makes one uncomfortable.


I don't have enough time for that crap and now I feel like I have to keep a watchful eye out at home.  I shouldn't be made to feel uncomfortable in my own home.  Thanks a lot guy, you did that.  I am so glad you moved.

5 comments:

  1. OMG! I hope you have blocked him on Facebook and your phone and changed your privacy settings in FB so others can't see your phone number or other personal information. Eeek!

    DB McNicol | Oh, the places we will go! | Tennessee & Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, you should have taken your txt msg's and filed a complaint with the local police. This guy sounds like a loose canon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well that's a tad creepy. Stay safe. You're right - women shouldn't have to deal with that crap, ever,

    Ros from Fangirl Stitches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear. What a terrible story. A great pity not to be able to trust your neighbours or to feel threatened with unwanted attention.
    Visiting from A to Z S is for the Snowy
    ----------

    Anne Young

    Anne's family history

    ReplyDelete