Thursday, June 23, 2016

Throwback Thursday












Throwing it back to 2010.  Our first Destin vacation.  I love Destin so much.  It's beautiful and I can swim in the water.  It's clear right down to the bottom.
We did so many things, but it didn't feel overwhelming or jammed packed full of things.

On the drive down, we started out at night.  I rode in my moms car.  I am not a good night driver unless someone is keeping me awake or I'm entertained by a meteor shower. :)
I am an awesome day time driver and can drive for a very long time.  Long distances don't bother me.  From Kansas City to Destin, FL is a very long distance.
We managed to drive all night and had breakfast somewhere in northern Mississippi and we were in Destin by that night.

We had an amazing condo.  We've stayed in the building twice.  That's how amazing it was.  It had two pools, a restaurant and a pizza place.  There were a few other things too, but that's all we really utilized.  I mean, who goes to the gym on vacation?!

I have this really annoying habit of finding all the things that we could possibly do and I make lists and then we all decide on things together.  I'm the idea person.

On this trip, we did a dolphin cruise, we went to Henderson Beach State Park, we went to the Florida Caverns and lots of stuff on the way there. Mostly, we just did the  beach and pool and just relaxed.  It was a vacation after all.

Maybe, we can all go back next year.  That would be the best.....

4 comments:

  1. aww great photos! I've never been to Destin, but my in-laws rave about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in Niceville across the Bay from Destin. We don't go there. Locals think of it as more of a touristy place and in summers, the traffic is bumper to bumper over there and it seems worse every year. The Caverns are roughly 2 hours East of Destin on the way toward Tallahassee--quite the side trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Looks like a great destination, I've personally never been to Florida. Some day...

    ReplyDelete