Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Apple Recipes.....

Apple Recipes!
Fall brings apples.  I cannot wait to get to the orchard soon to pick them!  
Do you like to venture to a local orchard and pick your own?

Campfire Baked Apples
We have done these a lot for Girl Scouts and other fun outdoor things.
You cut the apple in half and core it.
Butter goes in the core and you sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg on it.
Wrap it tightly in foil and stick it in your campfire.
It takes around 30 minutes to 1 hour for it to get done.
It will be squishy to the touch!
And oh so yummy!

Apple, Cheddar and Bacon Monte Cristos
I blogged this recipe a long time ago.
I can't even find it.
It's from Rachael Ray and I was able to find it on her website.  Linked above.
It's pretty simple and the kids dig it.

Skillet Apple Crisp
Cast iron cooking is a favorite of mine.
Apples, butter, brown sugar and cinnamon for the bottom layer.
Top layer is: oats, flour, cold butter and cinnamon.
Oven at 350
Cast iron skillet on the stove top on medium heat.
Add all the ingredients on the bottom layer.  Melt the butter first, then brown sugar and cinnamon, then coat the apples.  Let it cook for around 5 minutes.
Mix all the other ingredients in a bowl.
Top the items.
Bake for 25-35 minutes.

I plan to make all three of these soon!

1 comment:

  1. I really want to go apple picking this year. My kids didn't want to go last year but I might have to make them!

    ReplyDelete