Here is one of my favorites:
Loaded Potato Soup!
3 cups chicken broth
1 lb baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup flour
2 cups milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup of ham
4 oz sour cream
1 3/4 cup shredded cheese (cheddar or Colby jack would be best)
- cook the bacon (however way you please); set aside
- mix broth and potatoes in a large stock pan; boil until tender
- in a skillet, melt the butter, stir in the flour. cook about 1 minute; stir in 1 cup milk.
- Pour the butter mix into the potato pan
- stir in the other cup of milk, salt and pepper.
- over medium heat, stir constantly with a whisk until soup texture
- stir in ham, bacon, sour cream and cheese.
- heat until cheese is melted
- you can top with bacon and cheese and if you want to chives
|I don't like chives....|