Friday, January 8, 2016

Ugly Soup



 
January is suppose to be the all great "Get Organized" month.
More importantly though, it's Soup Month.
Seriously.  Google "Is January soup month?"
It really is.  I didn't make it up.
 
I love soup.
I love soup recipes.
I'm going to share some with you.
 
This one is souper easy.
 
Chicken Tortilla Soup
 
Ingredients
 
Chicken Breasts
Chicken Bouillon Cubes
Fiesta Lime Seasoning or any other taco/fajita/burrito seasoning
Whole Kernal Corn
Black Beans
Diced Tomatos
Minced Garlic
 
You put your chicken in a large saucepan.
It makes a lot so make it large.
Add water and the chicken bouillon cubes.
I usually do three of them,
Let that come to a boil and make sure your chicken is cooked
all the way through.
Raw Chicken = Bad HAZ!
After the chicken is all done, pour a little of the broth out.
It will be way too much.
Cut the chicken up into smaller pieces.
 
Add the seasoning of your choice.
I really like this Fiesta Lime Seasoning.
I found it while looking for Chipotle Seasoning.
I like it better.
Stir it all around.
 
Add the canned goods in.
Give it a good stir.
 
Add the garlic to taste last.
 
Serve this with flour tortillas, tortilla chips, salsa, sour cream, cheese,
avocados, you get where I am going here.
 
 
I add all the stuff in.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Looks good. Might have to try this on one of the inevitable cold snowy cabin fever days of January.

    ReplyDelete