Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Thai Shrimp Soup

This was a new recipe for me.
I like Thai food and this seemed fairly easy.

Here's the recipe:

Thai Shrimp Soup

1 cup uncooked basmati rice
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound shrimp
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger
2 tablespons red curry paste
2 cans unsweetened coconut milk
4 cups veggie stock
juice of one lime

  • cook the rice, set it aside
  • melt butter, add shrimpy, salt and pepper, cook 2-3 minutes, set aside
  • in a large sauce pan, add the garlic, then stir in ginger
  • whisk in the red curry paste
  • gradually add in coconut milk and veggie stock
  • bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer around 8-10 minutes, let it thicken up a little
  • stir in the rice, shrimp and lime juice

Let's see how I faired.....


So it's amazing.  Better than I thought it would be.
 
Here are my modifications....
 
I added a bit of sugar to the rice as it cooked.  I think the sweetness did well with this dish.
 
I did not use butter, I used olive oil to sauté the shrimp.  I also added chicken. I did not set the proteins aside, I added the garlic and spices to it.  I just kept everything in the same pan.  Also, garlic....I added more.  I like garlic though.

No comments:

Post a Comment