Monday, November 30, 2015

December things....


There are so many fun things going on during the month of December in Kansas City; far too many than I can actually list.
My favorite.  It always has been.

A Visit fromSt. Nicholas at Shoal Creek.
December 5th  10am – 4pm
I love the Victorian Santa Claus.  He wears green instead of red. 
I’ve taken the kiddos a few times, I’m super fascinated with the living history part of it.
This event is not free, it does cost to get into the park. 
Watkin’s Mill
December 5th 2pm-7pm
I love Watkin’s Mill.  It’s super pretty in the fall and winter. 
Free Santa photo opp.
This event is a free one.

December 4th-5th  5pm-9pm
Another fav.  I think it’s because I get so cold I just love the hot apple cider. 
This year though, it’s supposed to be in the 50s.
I love it when there is snow and the ponds are starting to freeze.  No snow this year, but I’m sure it will still be lovely. 

It’s $8 per person.
December 5th
4:30-5:15 at the City Hall
5:30 – 7:30 at Old Shawnee Town
I only list this one because I remember performing with my dance class when I was little at this.  It was so cold on that stage!  It’s the Mayor’s Christmas Tree Lighting and 1920s things at Old Shawnee Town.
A long time ago, my mom had her wedding reception at Old Shawnee Town.  I danced so much and when “These Dreams” came on, I remember smacking my mom in the face while dancing.  Sorry mom.  J

They are being held December 11th and 12th from 6:30-8 pm
This has my history nerd thing going on.  It’s a Civil War Era Christmas.  Some of you know, the Civil War is my favorite part of United States history to study and teach.  If I could teach a Civil War history class: DREAM COME TRUE!
Anyway, it’s $15.00 and hopefully worth it.

December 12th 9am – 5 pm
$5 adults/$3 children/5 and under are in the free catergory
I’ve never been to this one, but I’ve heard it’s okay.
If you don’t like it, you can also stop and feed the bison.

The Liberty Memorial is having a Day in the Life: Christmas During the War
It’s regular museum admission (and if you have never been, you should go)
December 13th  10am – 5pm

The Nutcracker is at the Kaufman Center
December 5th-24th
One day, I will go.  Don’t know when, but hey, it’s going to be one day.

Crown Center has their typical things going on:
We all know there is a huge tree there.
We all know the Ice Terrace is open.
We all know where to find Santa at his Gingerbread Station.
CharlieBrown Christmas is at the Coterie
Then, there is Kaleidoscope (even older kiddos enjoy this, and it’s a time filler between things)
Legoland…I don’t think this one is worth the price you pay to get it.
SeaLifeAquarium is super cute.
Chip’sChocolate Factory….such good fudge!
What am I missing for Crown Center?

 

UnionStation is showing Christmas movies on their Extreme Screen.
Elf is playing until December 3rd.
Christmas Vacation December 4th-10th
The PolarExpress December 11th-17th
Movie tickets are only $3.  If you order them online, they are an extra $3.
They will validate parking also.

There is a “Letit Snow” Planetarium show
Merry Science at Science City
And the DaVinci Exhibit is still going on.
Union Station is just beautiful as it is.
When you are there, go outside, look for the bullet holes.

The 1950sAll Electric House is having a Very 50s Christmas from November 30th – January 1st

WhovilleHolidays at the City Market.
Every weekend until Christmas
Get your picture with the Grinch and Cindy Lou Who. Good alternative to the Santa Pics
Admission is three canned goods or a new toy

There is so much more than what I have listed.   Like I totally forgot about the Mahaffie Stage Coach Stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment