Wednesday, October 4, 2017

IWSG #4 -- October


Hi everyone!  It’s the first Wednesday of October, so that means it’s time for an IWSG post! 

Being October, we only have a quarter of the year left!  Where did 2017 go?  Time has flown by!  With there only being a quarter of the year left, it is time for last quarter year goals!

Writing and Blogging:

  • Trying to keep to my blog schedule and get all my vacation blogs up.  I have a lot of them sitting in draft form either needing pictures or some short paragraphs to finish them out.
  • Participate in blog hops and other collaborative projects.
  • Maybe try to write a story for this:  Tick Tock
  • I would love to find an actual snail mail pen pal type of thing.  I did a mail swap around two years ago and it was so much fun!  Plus, it is fun to get something in the mail other than bills and ads.

School:

  • Finish.  When I finish I am hoping job opportunities open up for me.   Masters In Science!  It should count for something.

Derbies:

  • I need to make a decision if I want to continue to stay on the three teams that I currently skate for.  I feel like I need a break.  While it will be a hard decision to make, I am thinking of “retiring” from coed roller derby, that way I have a few weekends that I don’t have to play in a game, plus a few months off in the summer.  We have summer plans and I don’t want to stress about making practices and having late nights.  Plus some months, I don’t want to have three games in!  I have other stuff I would like to do on the weekends.

Family:

  • Host the best Thanksgiving Dinner.
  • Fill the holiday season with memories of things we have done.
  • Start working on vacation plans for next summer.  Alaska is already in the works, as in it’s already booked!  I was thinking of a trip to Colorado.  It’s not super far away and there are a lot of outdoor experiences to be had. 

What are your quarter year goals?
Want to make an IWSG post of your own and share it with all the other insecure writers?  Head over here.

4 comments:

  1. I used to love writing and receiving letters. My niece had a letter writing assignment in school not too long ago, and she wrote to me, basically saying, "I don't know why I have to write this out like this when I could just put it in a text, but whatever." Absolutely made my day.

    Best of luck with all of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never tried roller derby, but I did go out on my rollerblades the other evening and my ankles have not recovered. Darn old age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are truly amazing, Morgan. Bravo to you for completing a masters in science. More power to you. I can't roller skate, so derby action is out for me. Sure wish I were going to Alaska next summer. My husband and I plan to do it sometime in the future. Here's hoping. All the best to you!

    ReplyDelete