Thursday, October 5, 2017

writer's workshop: sounds in my house

sound -- noun  --
vibrations that travel through the air or another medium and can be heard when they reach a person's or animal's ear.
My cat is continually meowing at me.  She wants more food (even though she already ate her dinner), the water bowl is empty (again) or she just wants to tell me she is there.
The dog jumps up and down and runs around like a crazy little peanut.  You can hear her toe nails clicking in the bathtub because that is how she tells me she is out of water.  (I swear, we fill it up 2-3 times a day, I need ones of those big containers)
The guineas a squeaking with happiness when I walk into the room.  They are some cute little love bugs that are loud.
The washing machine going, then playing it's little happy song at the end.
The insect sounds coming in from the outdoors.  It sounds like a Louisiana swamp during the summer.  The quiet is noticeable once it becomes cold.
The sounds of Alli talking on the phone in her bedroom and the dog scratching on the door to get into the room.
The sounds of Peyton playing his games and talking on Facetime to his friends.
The fan in the front room quietly oscillating.  Another thing you don't pay attention to until it is turned off.
What sounds do you hear in your home?


You can link up over at Mama Kat's Blog and read what others are blogging about.

3 comments:

  1. My house is nearly silent.The cat is somewhere sound asleep. I hear the fan sitting on the floor in the hallway outside my den door pulling fresh air in through the open window. I hear the rapid clicks of my keyboard as my fingers run over it, typing. I hear my stomach grumbling. Time for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my ceiling fans is really noisy ... I should replace it but am too cheap.

    Your washer plays a song when it's finished? Mine does, too. It always makes me thing of a Mexican Hat Dance ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a well lived-in home! Makes me miss our old dog :(

    ReplyDelete