Thursday, April 13, 2017

L is for Lunches


L is for lunches!

Lunches while on vacation.  My mind keeps going to McDonalds, Taco Bell, Wendy’s, etc….  Then my mind goes to how upset my stomach will be while on vacation and how much money that it will cost with the four of us.

Here are some things I’ll be bringing with us on our journey to stave off the hunger and won’t make us have to make more stops on the road than we want to.

The Classic Brown Bag lunch (sans the brown bag): Sandwiches!  PB&J, Ham and Turkey, all the things the kiddos enjoy and that will keep well in the cooler.  Chips: same bag variety pack and Pringles.  Fruits and veggies with dips. Granola bars and snack mixes.


Tuna Salad packs.  They have them at Aldis and they come with crackers.  My daughter loves them.  They do not need to be refrigerated, so they are pretty much perfect.


Salads in a jar.  Enough said.  They were the rage on Pinterest a while back, I know because I pinned a lot of them.

Pita Bread and hummus.

Tortilla Roll-ups!  Prepared with cheese and meats ahead of time.

Cheese, pepperonis and crackers.  My favorite.  So much yum!

Quesadillas!  Prepared ahead of time and still taste yummy!

And we could always get Lunchables. J

What are you easy, over the road lunches?

8 comments:

  1. Way to go for planning lunches for a road trip!
    PB&J is always a winner for me, and when our kids were smaller, they (unfortunately) like all those gas station chips and other crap snacks.
    Love the salad in a jar idea too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could eat PB&J everyday, but I think I would get some complaints. :)

      Delete
  2. Since I never eat fast food, I love getting that when I'm traveling. It's a treat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We like to make our own trail mix, a few varieties of chex cereal, different nuts, raisins and dried cranberries. I like it because you can put whatever you like in it. Trader Joe's has a nice selection of dried fruits (w/o added sugar) and dry roasted nuts.
    We go camping and hiking a lot and take a lot of the same foods you mentioned. For hiking we also like RX Bars, lots of protein!
    TraceyAtHome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to visit Trader Joe's before we take off. I'm down for the homemade trail mix!

      Delete
  4. Those lunches look so good, I want to eat with you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We like to rip off a chunk of French bread and stuff it with meat and cheese. It's easy to eat while traveling since we don't use condiments for our rugged sandwich.

    Trudy @ Reel Focus
    Food in Film: Lobster

    ReplyDelete