Thursday, April 6, 2017

writers workshop: if I had a garden

If I had a garden it would be the ones that I have been Pinteresting for years.


I want a garden.  I want someone to help me with a garden though.  I feel like this is a task I could not take on by myself.


First things first, I want those fancy raised beds.  I would plant flowers and herbs and pretty things in those..
Something like this:

That's pretty snazzy, right?


Also, I would love a fire pit.  This is because I want people to come hang out with me and drink adult beverages and tell me funny stories by the fire. 
Honestly, I think I am totally capable of making a fire pit like this.


I picked up solar lights, similar to these, to place upon my pathway to my house.
I got string lights to hang on the porch.  I just have to figure out how to hang them.  That's garden-ish...
I found a barometer, thermometer, clock combo at Marshall's the other day for my dream garden, but the BAROMETER hand was broken.  I was pretty much hurt in the heart because of that.  I can't find an example of it.  I'll have to keep searching for one.


Flowers I would include in my garden:
 I actually already have four extremely happy rose bushes.  One is even climbing the side of my house.
Sunflowers!  Because Kansas state flower! 


What do you have in your garden?  Give me fun, cheap and pinteresty ideas!

6 comments:

  1. Gardening escapes me but I am very, very good at killing anything green. I love your ideas and that fire pit for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas...I especially love the firepit. Okay, the sunflowers, too.

    E: Ecuador & Epcot
    DB McNicol, author & traveler
    Theme: Oh, the places we will go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we lived near each other! We could help each other with our gardens and patio decor. I would totally help you hang your twinkly lights. I bought Command sticky hook thingys that are just for hanging string lights, indoor or out. As long as they are going on a smooth surface, they work great. Ours have been up for almost two years. As for actual plants, I plan to put mine in pots instead of in the ground. And, oh...oh...you have to make a fairy garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so great to help each other with the fun things!
      I know I'm completely capable of doing it on my own if I really put my mind to it, but it just seems like a two person or more project and to just have fun!
      I will have to look for the Command sticky hooks! That is such a great idea. The porch roof is smooth, so it should work perfectly!
      The fairy gardens are so adorable! It would totally be fitting around my home!

      Delete
  4. Yeah, Kansas state flower! I recommend you do actually try these this year. They are so easy and so much fun to watch as their heads follow the sun each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As it turns out, I want your garden too!

    ReplyDelete