Thursday, April 20, 2017

Q is for a Quite a While Ago

Once upon a time, I went to Yellowstone with my grandparents.  I don't remember it being extremely crowded and I don't remember the trip taking that long to get there.  I know we stopped in Loveland, Colorado for a few nights.  I loved the campground we stayed at.  It had a pool.  I remember my grandparents telling me about a boulder that fell on someone's car while they were driving, so I was always looking out for falling boulders.
It has been 27 years since I have been to Wyoming.  I have wanted to go back for the longest time.
To stick my feet in the water of the river.
One thing I can remember is that I dropped one of those plastic t-shirt holders past the boardwalk.  Remember, this was the early nineties.  I had an awesome watermelon shirt and matching shorts with my t-shirt tied on the corner, because that was the thing.  I was playing with it and dropped it.  I was so upset.  My grandpa didn't think twice.  He jumped off the boardwalk and grabbed it for me and scrambled back up. 

So happy throw back Thursday!  Show me your nineties pics!

1 comment:

  1. Omg, this is precious! Your grandpa - whatta great guy :).
    I went to Yellowstone with my brothers and my oldest brother's wife back when I was 13. Great memories!

    ReplyDelete