Monday, April 17, 2017

N is for Nighttime


Vacation.   The nighttime during vacation. 

Nighttime will be filled with campfires, star gazing and visiting a few places that are amazing in the dark.  I already blogged about the nighttime at Devils Tower we are excited for.

We will be visiting Crazy Horse at night.  My sister and brother-in-law told me it was better at night when everything was lit up.  They were also not crazy about Mount Rushmore and loved Crazy Horse.  I’ve heard the opposite from another person though.  I’m going to go with my sister and brother-in-law though; I trust their opinions and my sister and I are similar in some of the things we like.

The admission for Crazy Horse is normally $28.00 per car for over two people.  The weekend we are going, we can donate three cans of food per person and have the admission fee waived.  I need to get twelve cans of food for us to donate.  I believe it goes to a local food pantry.

The memorial has a Legends in Light Laser Show at 9:30 pm while we are there.  It turns the side of the mountain into a light show.  My sister said it was pretty awesome.  Have you ever been?
The stargazing is supposed to be wonderful.  Less light pollution.  I can’t wait. The stars outside are big and bright, deep in the heart….of South Dakota.
Picture from NPS website
The smell of the campfire and roasting s’mores and hanging out.  Possibly falling asleep next to the fire.  Never done that before.  Not ever.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with going to see Crazy Horse Monument. I first went there, oh, about 40 years ago, yikes! and I return every chance I get.

    ReplyDelete