Tuesday, April 18, 2017

P is for Packing

P is for Packing
With every vacation comes packing.  With packing comes a list!  I love lists!  So very much so!  Especially when I check mark something off of that list.  It makes me so gleefully happy.
My Camp Kitchen List
  • Cast Iron Skillet/Dutch Oven
  • Cast Iron Flat pan
  • Table Cloth/Picnic Blanket
  • Trashbags
  • Aluminum Foil
  • Napkins/Paper Towels
  • Matches/Lighter
  • Dish Soap
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Antibacterial Wipes
  • Dish Towels
  • Dish Tub/Sponges
  • Cooking Oil and Spray
  • Cutting Board/Knives
  • Oven Mitts
  • Can Opener
  • Scissors
  • Mixing Bowl/Spoons
  • Camp Stove
  • Propane
     
My Inside the Tent Tub
  • Toiletries – I don’t have to list them, do I?
  • Shower Bag
  • Clothes
  • Shoes
  • Jackets/Sweatshirts
  • Rain Gear
  • Lanterns
  • Flashlights
  • Blankets
  • Pillows
  • Sleeping Bags
  • Sleeping Mats
  • Flip Flops/Sandals
  • Hats
  • Sunglasses
Camping Supplies
  • Sunscreen
  • Bug Spray
  • Toilet Paper
  • Glowsticks
  • Bug Candle
  • Rubber Mallet/Hammer
  • Compass
  • Pocket Knife
  • Tarps
Misc. Stuff
  • Cooler
  • Firewood
  • Water
  • Air Mattress and Pump
  • Swimming Stuff
  • Food
  • Reservation Info
  • Paper Maps
  • Coupons/Budget
  • Camp Chairs
  • Roasters
  • Tent
 What am I missing?!?
 

8 comments:

  1. Your list might come in handy for us as we have just bought a tent! Why camp in a tent when we have a caravan? We intend to do a bit of the rough stuff when in the Kimberley so will leave the van in a caravan park and head off with the four Wheel Drive and the tent. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure you put having fun on the list, and then do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A comprehensive list! And yes most of us love to check mark the items on the list... what a sense of accomplishment it provides!
    ------------------------------------------------
    Anagha From Team MocktailMommies
    Collage Of Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first thing I see missing is eating utensils. I've actually been camping where we forgot those. It was not my best moment. Also, skewers are great for doing small things over a fire (like little rolls or marshmallows). Speaking of marshmallows, add some graham crackers and chocolate...s'mores!! Yum!

    The Passage

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lists! I have a master list for packing which includes items for various seasons (hat, gloves, swimsuit, sunscreen...). When it's time to pack, I copy and paste the list and then delete the items I won't need. I also include blank lines for odds and ends. And of course, each item has a little box next to it so I can put my checkmark! ✓

    Trudy @ Reel Focus
    Food in Film: Pancakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's quite a list. All my camping gear lives permantly in the boot of my car so I can take off at a moments notice, and I do believe I have pretty well everything on your list stowed and ready to go! Happy camping!

    Another day in Amble Bay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There's something satisfying about ticking off those lists. My wife is very big on them, especially when it comes to holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Be sure you have cooking utensils meant for a campfire setting. Also, the long forks for hot dogs & marshmellows & maybe the other thing you use for s'mores.

    Plastic dishpan (bring two) one to wash & one to rinse. Good for dishes & face/hands.

    Collapsible water bottle, they come in various sizes, I used the 5 gallon one. Great for early am when you need water but don't want to trek out to get it.

    Some solar lights around the campsite are handy for night time.

    A small folding shovel often comes in handy.

    Some clothesline & clothespins.

    As to firewood, plan on purchasing on site (or at least in state).

    Enjoy!!

    DB McNicol | Oh, the places we will go! | Quartzsite & ???

    ReplyDelete