Monday, June 1, 2015

Monday


I need a weekend from my weekend!

It was so busy, but so much fun.  I’m exhausted, but it’s worth it.  Who needs sleep anyway?  The weekend will have it’s own separate post!

It’s June 1st!  That means the 30 Days of Blog Challenge begin.  Last year, was only a half win.  I blogged for about half of the month.  And June 1st is also a Monday.  What a flipping Monday it was!  It’s not like it was completely horrible and terrible.  I was just tired.  When I am tired, it is hard to smile.  (I do have someone that tries super hard to make me smile though, mostly successfully!

I woke up with no voice.  I talk to people on the phone half the time at work.  This does not go well when one can barely project their voice.

Every case I touched had something that needed to be fixed.  An easy case was nowhere to be seen.

Things just weren’t going right, yo.

Then, I get a message.  It wasn’t the one I had been dreading.  It’s one that turned my crappy day into a better position.  I have made the roster for the Sheilas game against the Royal Pains.  This couldn’t have come at a better time.  I, even, have people to come watch me! I. AM. SO. EXCITED.  Hard work and determination pays off.  I just think of all the practices I didn’t want to go to because I was tired.  I did go to them.  I worked hard.  I learned things.  Like blocking backwards!  I need to practice that more.  I like it.  It made me not afraid of skating backwards again (You know, concussion and all)

At work, I got slammed at the end of the day.  It gives me anxiety!  All day long and at 4:00 pm, I get bombarded with work.   I expect this all week.  The first of the month is busy busy.  I do what I can and I do a good job.  I’m a perfectionist that can’t seem to get anything as perfect as I want.

Grocery shopping took way longer than it should have.  Half the shelves were empty.  I got everything I needed.  Line was annoying. 

But getting home and knowing that I would have hot water was amazing!  I haz hot water now!  You don’t know how much you miss it until you don’t have it for a day.  A DAY!  It was so long!

That night, we had scrimmage.  It was amazeballs!  I had so much fun with both my coed team and women’s only team.  My coed team was spot on with communication and walls.  We looked amazing!  My women’s only team is phenomenal.  It was just so much fun.  I am so redundant there and I don’t even care.

How was your Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment