We are on the brink of Fall! Fall is my favorite season of all. I absolutely love it.
1. Apple Picking! I love apple picking! The smell, the walking around with the wooden buckets, the bees. I love it all. I still need to use my new pie pan and I think an apple pie would be perfect. The fam and I will be visiting Cider Hill Farm. It's close to home and they have apple cider slushes. Who doesn't love a slush?!
2. Pumpkin Farms and Corn Mazes: I am known to get lost in corn mazes. Not for a few minutes, but not quite a few hours. One of my favorite corn mazes to get lost in is Gary's Berries. They have a pumpkin patch you can take a ride to and a ton of things to do. On Friday nights, they have fireworks and $1 hot dogs.
3. The smells: I love autumn smells so much. The apples, the cinnamon, the fallen leaves and pumpkin. If I could keep the fall smells in my home all year long, I would.
4. Roller Derby Recruitment: For Fountain City Roller Derby, Fall is our recruitment and training season. I, for some reason, was trusted with the job of recruiting new members this year. I make sure they make it through training and are ready for draft in December.
5. Holidays: Halloween! Decorating is so great and fun for this. My children are a little older, so they don't dress up anymore. :( Our trick or treating days might be over for the older two. Also, Halloween movies are the best. Especially, Hocus Pocus. If you haven't watched it, you should.
Thanksgiving: So much food! I love preparing a majority of the dinner! The side dishes and desserts. I love decorating and making things for the kiddos to enjoy.
6. Boots and Scarves: It's just cool enough to start wearing these items again.
7. Soup season! I love soup and chilis. I have so many recipes. Honestly, I could eat soup every day in the fall and winter. I know the kids would get tired of it, so I have to have some variety and add other foods in.
8.All things Pumpkin: Pumpkin Spice makes everything nice. I go to stores and get all the seasonal pumpkin stuff. Same thing goes for Apples.
9. Football Season
10. Being outside and enjoying the weather. The beautiful fall colors. Campfires. Hayrides. Bonfires. All the amazing outside things to do in fall.
Link up over here.
What are your favorite fall time activities?!?