Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs

I love my Instant Pot so much.  It has been the greatest Christmas gift ever!  No lie!  Why was I so resistant on just getting one?  No clue, no clue.


Did you know you can make spaghetti and meatballs in the instant pot?  It's super easy and does not take much time!


What do you need to make it? 
  • Meatballs -- I use the frozen ones.
  • Spaghetti Noodles -- I like the thinner spaghetti
  • Olive Oil -- for drizzling over the noodles so they do not get stuck together.
  • Pasta Sauce -- any kind will do.  My favorite is Cascones.  If you purchase it at Costco, you can get two jars of it for the price of one everywhere else.
  • Water -- this is a pressure cooker after all.
Now, we layer the things.  Start with the meatballs.  I used the trivet because I did not want to receive the burn notification. 
Next, we put the noodles on top of it. I break them up into smaller pieces.
Last layer is the sauce and water.  I used around 3 cups of water.
This is where you would add any additional spices you would want.


You will then cook it on high pressure for 12 minutes.


Do you stir the ingredients together before pressure cooking?  No!  Don't!  This will lead to the noodles being at the bottom and the ominous burn notice.


Once it is finished cooking, use the quick pressure release.  That way your noodles do not get over cooked.  When you open it, now you can stir it.  Add parm cheese or basil or both and enjoy.


Let me know if you try this out.  I did get a picture of the completed spaghetti, but it was a little steamy and it fogged up the camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment