Friday, December 20, 2019

Only Two Fridays Left!

Happy Friday everyone!  Can you believe there are only two Fridays left this year?!  Of this decade?!  How will you be spending yours?

Today, I have a CPR class in the AM and we are having our work party when everyone is back in the office in the afternoon.  Alli is cheering at a basketball game and then housesitting for my mom.  Lots of driving for me, but it's all okay.  The kiddos have late start, so they have to ride the bus.  They normally don't in the morning, so I had to call the bus barn to make sure they get picked up.  The school district they are in operates independently, including the buses.  

So, what's happened this week?  

Saturday night was game night for the Victory Vixens.  We took a loss, but it's okay and we will only work harder.  One of my leaguemates did my makeup.  They did a nice job on it.  Don't mind all my smile wrinkles and that my lipstick has faded. :)
One of my jobs in the league is bout production, so everything from start to finish.  It's exhausting, but I love it.  I had delegated some tasks out.  The afterparty food task.  I get a message from the person who was supposed to plan it...she said the food truck pulled out...  Needless to say, I was disappointed.  Solution: buy 20 pizzas and bring them to the bar.  I talked with a few of my leaguemates, at first it was suggested  to charge people.  People don't carry cash.  It was decided to just purchase pizza for people using the leagues money.  I ordered Pizza Hut over the phone.  I figured over the phone they wouldn't call me again to verify.  Haha.   They did.  I went and picked up the 20 pizzas.  I was so tired at that point.  Delivered to the bar and everyone at the bar ate.  Pizza Hut has a pretty good deal running for pizzas and it didn't cost the league a ton.  Everyone was fed and happy.  Even the empty beer glass.
 I already have an email in to have a dedicated food truck each game.  So, this problem doesn't arrive again.  I'm asked why I don't delegate....well, I ended up having to pick up the pieces anyway.

Sunday was when the snow came.  The kiddos and I went to McDs in the morning to get breakfast.  After that my car was literally stuck at the bottom of the hill.  I live on a private road that is not city maintained.  I actually have to go through an easement and up a neighbors driveway to get to the road.  The neighbor didn't do anything with his driveway, which is the upgrade and my car would not make it past his house.  I didn't go to work Monday because I was stuck.  I tried numerous times and it failed.  I never call off work, never!  I have a ton of sick and vacation time and even comp time for working over.  Finally around 12:30 pm, I caught my neighbors son outside and asked if he had a shovel....we took turns shoveling his driveway, so I could get my car up the hill.  It worked!  I went to the grocery store and put air in one of my tires.  I did not dare park my car in the driveway that day as it was still snowing and I didn't want the same problem.  I parked up at the church.  I actually did that until Thursday. My neighbor did also.  That car actually slide down the hill and off into the woods.  Glad she got it out.  Now, the driveways and road are fine and my car will make it up as long as the traction control is off.
Here's a look going down the hill.  It doesn't look like much and I think that's why it is the worse.
This is from where I parked at the church.  My house is down the hill and around the corner and quite a bit down the easement.  I have to walk down the side of the church and through the woods to get to my house.  Someone was watching me while I did it and actually yelled at me that it wasn't my property.  It actually is, but I'm glad people are looking out. :) 
The snow day on Monday lead to cuddles with kitties.
I worked on establishing my new years goals and january goals. And my 40 before 40 list.
I went through my magazines and cut out recipes and put them in my recipe box.
I plan on bringing the magazines to work for people to look at and take home.
Three cats on top of me.  The boxes in the background are presents I need to wrap.  Can you see all three of them?  I feel like Fred and Kibben blend together.
I've been wearing a lot of cozy socks!  I love them.  The cozy socks combined with my furry boots keep my feets nice and toasty.  Cold feet are the worse.

Tuesday was a league meeting and then All-Stars practice.  The meeting went okay.  I felt there was a lot of good discussion.  The kiddos go to their dads on Tuesday, so I ate ramen noodles for dinner.  I wasn't motivated to make anything else.  Plus they hit the spot.  I had some crackers with cheese to go along with it and I was a happy clam.
On Tuesday, I paid the deposit for me and Alli to journey to Japan in 2021.  I am so flipping excited.  We both got early bird discounts and because Alli is a repeat traveler, she got another discount.  She has also decided to use $30 from her paychecks each month to make a payment for her trip.  I feel this is super responsible of her.

Wednesday was a Black and White Scrimmage and All-Star scrimmage.  I had a lot of fun at both despite not feeling the best.  No, I'm not sick.  I decided to stop drinking energy drinks.  For a few reasons.  My head and stomach have been hurting.  I know why.  My stomach is a lot better now, but I still get the occasional headache.  I know the drinks are not good for me and I know it's best for me.  I also know it takes a couple of weeks to get over the withdrawal.  I am having small amounts of caffeine, so not completely cold turkey.
Alli and Peyton hung out with their friends at our house for while.  I made some frozen pizzas.  Peyton went to church.  Everyone was happy.
This was my view driving into work.  The whole city is actually right in front of me, but the fog was so thick, you couldn't see anything.
I did my first book review on my #bookstagram account.  

Thursday night, Alli worked and I went to Marshall's to get the last things for my co-worker gifts. I did a little cleaning and made tacos for dinner.  All in all a good night.

How was your week?  What do you have planned for the weekend?

1 comment: