I saw this posted on another blog and wanted to take a swing at the questions. Yes, I know, it's not Wednesday, I still wanted to participate though.
1. Share one happy moment/memory from the holiday season.
Not having to work for two weeks and getting to stay home and relax. That's my happy moment. The entire two weeks. I love being at home and with my fam.
2. Let's be reasonable with our expectations going into this new year, k? What is one thing you'd like to accomplish/improve/complete/do in 2022?
Getting my Master's Degree in March. FINALLY.
3. Every January 1st (since 1976) Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse or just general uselessness (go here to read more about how the words are chosen). Here are the words/phrases they'd like to see banished in 2022-
wait, what?-no worries-at the end of the day-that being said-asking for a friend-circle back-deep dive-a new normal-you're on mute-supply chain
Which of these words/phrases do you use regularly? Which of these words would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Is there a word/phrase not on the list you'd like to add?
I use Deep Dive because I like to deep dive and also watch/listen/read about deep dives. I appreciate people's time and research with deep dives.
I would like to see 'asking for a friend' go away. It's so annoying. Just ask for yourself, no one cares who you are asking for.
The others don't bother me as much.
I have nothing else to add.
4. Best thing you ate in the month of December?
Hmmmm.......I'm not sure. Maybe the Peanut Butter Balls. Those are always a delicious December treat.
5. January 5th is National Bird Day. Are you a bird lover? What's your favorite bird to see in the wild? Choose a phrase from the list that follows and tell us how it relates to your life currently...eat like a bird, bird's eye view, early bird, bird-brained, free as a bird, a little bird told me, or kill two birds with one stone.
I love birds! I watch them out of my bedroom window as that is where the wood are. I have blue birds, red birds, black birds, brown birds, all the birds in the world. Even in the winter. My favorites to see are all of them. I do enjoy a special viewing of a Oriole though.
Early Bird seems to be my phrase since I am up SO early every day!
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Keep warm and stay safe everyone!