I know I am starting this group halfway through the year. I keep seeing it pop up on many blogs I visit, so I thought, what the hey, I'll give it a try.
I am going to use this time to write about my accomplishments in the previous month. Not just in writing, but in life.
- My family and I started out June in Yellowstone National Park. This was a vacation I had been planning for over a year. It was a great success and I want to go back to Yellowstone right now. Next time I go, I want to hike more and maybe do a backcountry camping night. Yes, I know there are bears. We saw them both in Yellowstone and the Tetons. There are precautions you can take so humans don't have interaction with them.
- I finished two more classes in my Master's program. At this point I only have my Chemistry II test to take for this semester. Next semester I only have three courses to complete before finishing the program.
- I played in two roller derby games with Fountain City Roller Derby. My coed team, the Usual Suspects, did not win. We are a fairly new team and let the score get away from us in the first quarter. The other quarters we did decent. I need my team to be more aggressive though. The other game I played in was a mash-up team. (Same night) We won. It was fun playing with people I normally do not have on my team.
- I got over a thousand views in one night on a blog post. I've been trying to get my blog out there with shares and posting the link and such. This one hit the jackpot though. It was shared by the international organization and then it was shared by chapters of the organization. It made my stomach hurt with so many people viewing my blog. It's what I wanted but still made me super nervous.
- I helped my daughter bake over 600 cupcakes with her friend for a fundraiser. They raised enough money to pay for 2/3 of their camp. I'm so proud of them.
Goals for July:
- More traveling: Spending the Fourth of July holiday in Seattle.
- Start the Missouri National Parks Challenge If you visit all six parks by the end of the year there are prizes you can win. I have a National Parks Pass, so I need to utilize it.
- Finish the Chemistry II class. I have to have an 85% or higher to pass.
- My oldest son turns 18, so we are going have a party for him! I'm thinking BBQ and friends. I got him passes for the Black Light Slide event and I know he will have a blast.
- Generate another post that gets a thousand views. :)
- Lead my Usual Suspects to a victory!
- Participate in some blog link ups.
Want to take part in The Insecure Writer's Support Group, click on the link here.
July 5 Question:
What is one valuable lesson you've learned since you started writing?
I've learned that you cannot force people to read what you write. It doesn't matter how interesting or awesome the subject matter is, people are busy and sometimes they just don't want to read your stuff. I have learned that I need to keep promoting. I learned that I can support others blogs and the ones I support by writing comments and reading their entries sometimes come and visit my blog.
If you are visiting my blog for the first time, hang out and take a look at what I have to offer. There will be lots of things on our vacations coming up soon.