What do you consider rude, arrogant or inappropriate?! I thought this list would be easy for me to do, but I got stuck! I kept going back to things that happen at my work. I did think of some non-work things though.
1. Being tardy and thinking it's funny. I get it, being late happens. You apologize for it and get on with whatever. You don't laugh and make constant jokes about it. It's an inconvenience you put on someone.
2. When people tell me that they have a "quick question". I work in an office where I am right there with the public. I like my job. I am good at my job. It is rude when someone just walks right up while I am either working with someone or they skip the line to say they have a "quick question" and then they get mad at me because they don't follow procedure. I work in a government office, so you have to follow rules and procedures. Don't get mad at me because rules are "hard". Trust me, no one question is quick.
3. I find it highly inappropriate when people wear pajamas to conduct their official government business. Are you really that lazy that you cannot get dressed? Honestly, everything in our office can be handled over the phone. If you didn't want to get dressed, do you business over the phone. Back in my old office, we did have people come to work in pajamas because we didn't have to work with the public. Get dressed people!! I get it if you are staying at home and not leaving, but if you are leaving, put some non-pajama clothing on.
4. We were recently at the airport and our gate was packed. One guy decided to lay on an entire row of seats and read his book while elderly and small children had to stand. That was sure nice of him.
5. When people cancel on things that have been planned for weeks/months a few hours ahead of time. Guys, if I have something planned for that long I want to do it!
6. The trash service that I pay for not doing their jobs. I find it extremely rude that our trash company always forgets to pick up our little areas trash. There are only three houses. When they don't pick up the trash, we end up with it everywhere because of our trash pandas. Then they won't pick it up because it's all over the place. When you call, they promise to be there before six. Does it happen. No. They usually get there around six two days later.
7. Not helping out after derby practice when specifically asked to before practice. One of the leagues I play for has a beautiful practice and game day facility. It is owned by the county that I live in. They also use the facility for concerts (my first "real" concert was there), graduations and other community events. When the community events come up, we are asked to clean up our things and put them away. NBD. I was at a scrimmage before one of those nights. Everyone else was helping put tables away, fold up banners, etc.. and two people tried to walk out. One of our BOD caught them ask them if they were staying around to help. The girl replied "Well, I'm not a league member, so why should I?" after she had scrimmaged with us. The BOD member replied, "You just used our scrimmage time and played during that time, the least you could do is help carry a table" After looking pissed off, the girl did help.
8. Calling me a wallflower. I'm not a freaking wall flower. I don't blend into my background unless I want to.
9. Spammers. Spammers are rude and annoying. I get a lot of spam phone calls. Thank goodness that spam email goes straight to the correct folder.
10. Horrible drivers. You are rude. Stay in your lane. Let people merge. Stop being an a--hole.