Goals for July:
- More traveling: Spending the Fourth of July holiday in Seattle. -- Yes! This happened and it was so much fun! I've been sprinkling our travel fun into posts.
- Start the Missouri National Parks Challenge If you visit all six parks by the end of the year there are prizes you can win. I have a National Parks Pass, so I need to utilize it. -- I did not get to start this, but I did utilize the National Parks Pass in the Olympic National Park.
- Finish the Chemistry II class. I have to have an 85% or higher to pass. -- Didn't happen. This class gives me so much anxiety that I cannot even take the test. Like I cannot click on the button to take the test.
- My oldest son turns 18, so we are going have a party for him! I'm thinking BBQ and friends. I got him passes for the Black Light Slide event and I know he will have a blast. -- His birthday party was a lot of fun and he loved it! I think of that as a success.
- Generate another post that gets a thousand views. :) -- Not even close, but I'm okay with it.
- Lead my Usual Suspects to a victory! -- We didn't win, but we end up on the local news and both the Captain (me) and Co-captain (Slam of God) ended up as #wcw and #mcm, so that was pretty awesome.
- Participate in some blog link ups. -- I did this. I enjoy Mama Kat's Writers Workshop and the Top 10 List link ups. Which other ones do you like to participate in?
You can see me a few times in it. The one of note at about 7 seconds.
Goals for August:
- Finish Chem II -- any tips or tricks or motivation is appreciated.
- Actually start the Missouri National Parks Challenge.
- Start cleaning out the extra bedroom and see what treasures I can find.
- Solar Eclipse goal will be accomplished.
- Participate in blog link ups.
- Start rebuilding my teaching portfolio.
- Participate in the August Baking Challenge.
- I want my August to be a month to get things done.
August 2 Question: What are your pet peeves when reading/writing/editing?
My Pet Peeves lie mainly with myself. The lack of confidence I feel at times when I write. The anxiety that comes over me that I might have offended someone in our world of offended people. That I might have written something incorrectly. I don't have pet peeves with other writer's writing. I feel like they are putting their heart into it and there is no reason for me to be annoyed by what they write. I sometimes get anxious over cluttered blogs, but I soon get over it. That way I can enjoy the content and not the background.