Friday, February 2, 2018

Whats up, Weekend?

Happy Friday everyone!  I am trying out this new to me link up!  I’ve enjoyed pursuing the posts made by regular participants in the last couple of weeks.  I even joined the Facebook group, but haven’t spoken up yet.  Give me time, I’ll get there.
Rogue, Sissy (Sarah) and myself
My car!  It’s finally getting fixed and for free.  My powertrain warranty is covering the repair.  The only thing I need to purchase is a new tire.  I will take $250 over $3000 any day!  I will get an update later on how long it will take to repair.  What happened to my car?  The PCV orifice had clogged, the crankcase pressure got to high and the rear main seal failed (They said it was completely gone).  My car won’t hold oil.  This, unfortunately, has occurred in Captivas and Equinoxes.  So much that there was a bulletin out.  The guy at the dealership told me first off that it was covered by the warranty, so I know it’s not the first one he has seen.  There was no way to predict that this could have happened and there was no warning.  I am extremely grateful to my friends Sarah and Jennifer for giving me rides!  I am grateful that my ex-husband allowed me to borrow a car (which will be my daughters) and for my son for allowing me to borrow his car.  We made it through the month of me having no car.  Sarah also took me to the bar a few times to decompress after practice.  Sometimes it is much needed.
My mom’s birthday was yesterday!  I took her out to dinner with all the kiddos to Johnny’s Tavern.  We stopped by the Pet Stop afterwards and got the Chin Chin and Guineas some treats.  We made some new friends.  They are hands down my favorite pet shop.  They always have a lot for the rodents in my home.
I attended three practices this week for the Kansas City Roller Warriors and one of my captains boosted my confidence after the practice.  I am appreciative of her.
Last weekend, I had a game with Fountain City Roller Derby.  My KCRW teammates made us some awesome signs.  I've never had a sign like this!  It took a lot of thought and time.  I appreciate them.


I got to spend some quality time with Mamba,  we got to hang out for a few times on penalties.  She's one of my favorite derby people and she wants me to talk more and be louder.  I'm trying!
I joined a Valentine’s Day swap.  I am excited to go shopping for my person this weekend! 
I started my last semester of my graduate program on Thursday.  I have one class (Chem II) and my Teacher Work Sample to complete.  I am so excited!! 
I read three books in January.  My goal is only twelve for the year.  Bubble baths and books for the win.  I have a few that I want to re-read that I read all the way back in high school.  I know, a long time ago,  but re-reading the classics can be good for you.
I originally planned to cancel my Uverse TV and just stick with the Internet through AT&T.  I called them and they offered me UVerse TV with more channels than I had and better internet for $120 cheaper than what I was paying.  I call that a definite win and it would have been more expensive to just keep the internet.  I took the deal.  I promised the kids that I would get Netflix back and now I can because I am saving the other amount.  I refused to pay what I was paying and pay for Netflix.
My coworkers are awesome.  We planned a Valentine's Day pizza party and I am excited!  Everyone is bringing something and I have a toaster oven to make the pizzas here.  That way they are warm and toasty during our different lunch times.
Nacho Fries from Taco Bell are fire.
I am looking forward to February.  I have a lot of things on my to do list and I hope to accomplish them on. 
How's your Friday going?  What are you looking forward to?





4 comments:

  1. Roller girls are the most! I'm looking forward to watching my daughter play in her first soccer tournament this season. Aren't these gratitude posts cool?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting your car repaired and for free no less. Score! I watched Roller Derby all the time when I was a kid and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy! Always love the derby photos.
    You have a chinchilla?? We've thought about getting one - too cute!
    Enjoy your party! Don't forget to do your homework! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! Welcome! :)

    Please don’t feel intimidated by the group at all. We’re a mixed bunch of people that are accepting of all. :) I’ve been quiet over in the group because I’m busy and life is overwhelming for me right now so it’s best I stay quiet rather than bitch and complain.

    How awesome your car was covered under the warranty!! Seriously, you can’t beat spending so little for the tire in comparison to what it would’ve been.

    Your chin chin is adorable!! I’ve always wanted one but I’m so allergic to rodents even though I used to have a guinea pig. I look after two at one house and they are quite friendly. I love watching them dust. :)

    I can’t believe you skate! That’s freaking awesome girl!! :) I’m excited to get to know you and thanks for linking up with us.

    ReplyDelete