Friday, November 4, 2016

November 4th












MADE Nationals is just a little over a week now!  I am super excited for this.  Super excited to be on the team and to represent my league.  With that being said, we have had some tough practices this week as my knee will tell you! 
Are all the threes considered lucky?
I am just lucky because that is all it took to fill up my car.
Some of my Girl Scouts participated in a Teen Lock-In.
The theme was Spa Day and it was pretty darn awesome.
The person who coordinated it does wonderful activities with our teen
girls, trying to encourage them to stay in Girl Scouts.
Each adult that goes helps out with various activities. 
I helped in the kitchen for the first half.
The girls each made their own pita bread pizza.
All the adults were shocked at how popular the olives were.
Next time MORE OLIVES! :)
Later in the evening, I helped the girls made Bath Bombs.
These are easy to make, but do require a little bit of time.
Also, you must follow the directions to get them to turn out
correctly.  Other wise they fall apart or they are too soggy and do not
dry properly.  I'll include the recipe for them at the bottom.
Also, I found my girls here.  They had been at the manicure station for an hour, perfecting their nails.


4 oz. baking soda
2 oz. corn starch
2 oz. citric acid
2 oz. Epsom salt


1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon essential oil
1-2 drops food coloring (optional)





In a bowl combine the dry ingredients (the first four listed above). Whisk to remove any clumps, corn starch tends to be clumpy. In a spray bottle stir together the wet ingredients.  Slowly spray the liquid mixture in with the dry mixture, whisking as you go. If you see the mixture fizz or foam, you may be adding the liquid too quickly. Once all the wet ingredients are combined with the dry, take a small amount in your hand and squeeze it together. It should stick together fairly well in one or two big chunks. If it's still too powdery to hold together, just add a tiny bit more water and mix until it does hold together.  I kept telling the girls to get it to brown sugar consistency.


Place the mixture in a mold.  We used hearts and muffin shaped ones.  I put lavender in the bottom for the girls.  Press the mixture firmly.  Once it is in there for a minute or two, extract them from the mold.  If it falls apart, try again.
Once they are out of the mold, let them dry around 8 hours or overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment