Friday, June 16, 2017

recipe: garlic cheese sliders

I'm really enjoying my cast iron cookware.  I used my flat skillet for this recipe.  These sliders are super simple to make and taste out of this world.  They were gone in a second at my house.  I received so many compliments from my daughter and her friend.


Garlic Cheese Sliders

One Pound Ground Beef
3/4 cup Colby jack cheese
1/4 cup of Bacon Bits
2 eggs
Garlic Seasoning to taste (my house this means a lot!)

Mix all of the ingredients thoroughly.  You will want an even mix off all of the flavors.  One flavor favoring one side is not ideal.

Form into patties.  Yes, I definitely need help with the consistent size of my patties, but that's only for aesthetics. 

Place on the flat cast iron skillet that has already been heated at medium.  Once the patties are on, turn up the heat slightly.

Flip them and watch them cook.

I used Hawaiian Slider buns.

I created a sauce using mayo, fresh horseradish and garlic and used that on the bun.  I place the avocado over it.


With this meal, I served homemade fries.  I cut them super thin, salted them with Himalayan Pink Sea Salt and baked them at 400 for around 20 minutes.  Just before I pulled them out, I turned the broiler on.  Watch carefully as they will burn.

Try this out, let me know how you like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment