Vacations, travel and visiting places are some of my favorite things to do.
Here are my top ten vacation I wouldn't hate taking. They are in no particular order.
1. New Orleans -- yes, I have been here before but each time I've been, it has only been for a couple of hours. I need a whole weekend here. I want to stay in a few of their haunted hotels: The Andrew Jackson Hotel and Hotel Monteleone. This will be an adult weekend only. Who is game? When are we going?
2. Chicago -- I've only been in Chicago a few times and only in the airport, so that does not count. I mean, the view was cool from the plane. What are your favorite things to do in Chicago?
3. Washington, DC. -- So many free things to do and see. Plus, it is close to Baltimore and we can head to Camden Yards for a day/night of baseball.
4. Destin, FL -- white beaches, blue water I can see through, magical settings...my favorite beach vacation place. I am never disappointed when visiting Destin.
5. Boston, MA -- so much history.
6. Cruise to Alaska
7. Colorado Spring, CO and that area. -- This another place I visited as a child and have very fond memories. I want to relive some of those.
8. Grand Canyon National Park and going to a lot of National Parks along the way. -- I've never been here.
9. Wisconsin Dells
10. Staycation -- right in my own home. I like my home.
Those sound like good vacations. My best friend and I are planning to travel to Boston in 2 years. We have a mutual friend that lives there so it would be a combo trip - visit all the historical sights and visit with our friend.ReplyDelete
Which historical sites are you wanting to visit in Boston?Delete
I grew up in Chicago, but haven't been back in ten years. Parts of it are beautiful, others, not so much. There's a lot of great architecture there, especially in the Loop (downtown, where the trains loop around), and North Michigan Avenue is great for shopping. There's a zoo in Lincoln park that's one of the best in the nation, and a museum complex that includes The Field Museum of Natural History, the Adler Planetarium, and the Shedd Aquarium. Pick up a guide book if you're going; there are too many places to mention in one comment.ReplyDelete
I'll have to look for a good guide book. I have trouble finding ones I like. I might be too picky.Delete
It's kind of cool that I have been to 7 of these places! You definitely need to do NOLA. I live a couple of hours away and yes, you need at least 3 days there - so much to see and EAT! LOL!ReplyDelete
What are your favorite places to eat in NOLA? I need ideas because when I look at all the things I get overwhelmed.Delete
Great choices! There are a few on your list I've never been to (Grand Canyon, Chicago, Alaska) and a few I'd love to visit again and again! … So, where are you going next? ;)ReplyDelete
Actually, we are leaving for Seattle on Monday. :)Delete
Cruise to Alaska is on my list too! I would join you on ANY of those excursions though. :)ReplyDelete
Great destinations! I have been to some, and one (Alaska) is definitely on my bucket list, too!ReplyDelete
In Chicago of course visit he Buckingham Fountain (known from Al Bandy's Love and Marriage show), check out the LOVE sign, take the architectural boat tour, walk past the Wrigley Building, be a tourist at Navy Pier, so much fun stuff to do!
I really want to go to Chicago. It's not super far from me so I have no idea how I've never been there.Delete