Friday, January 19, 2018

What's Up Weekend! january.nineteenth.eighteen

Happy Friday!  I hope your day is starting off amazing and that your weekend will be even more amazing!


Each Friday there is an awesome link up that takes place with Lindsay http://theflynnigans.com/ Charlotte http://mypixieblog.com/ and Beth http://coffeeuntilcocktailsblog.com/  called What’s up weekend?  Bloggers share their gratitude lists and it is a great way to start the weekend as we look back on the positives of the past week.


  • Monday was a holiday!  Working in the government, we get a lot of paid holidays off.  Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is one of them.  There are so many good MLK Jr. quotes it was hard for me to pick just one to put on here.
  • This past weekend I attended a Girl Scout event called Owl Prowl.  It is a yearly event where girls get to stay up ALL night long in a safe environment.  My girls are teens, so they got to plan a booth.  They did Moon Survival, we adapted it from this NASA lesson plan.  Try it out and let me know how you did.
  • My car is still broken, but I am grateful for everyone that has given me rides, let me borrow their cars and helped me out with this business.  It might remain broken for it a minute as it is a major problem.  The silver lining: I only have 79k miles and it should be covered under the PowerTrain Warranty.
  • My daughter got a chinchilla and it's quite lovely.  His name is Furby.
  • I'm working on starting my own monthly link up.  Still working out the kinks, but I think it will be a fun one!
  • This weekend is a game weekend!  The Victory Vixens are taking on the Knockouts.  Wish us luck!
  • I was hoping to post that I had passed my Chemistry 2 test, but I didn't.  I think I might have over studied.  I did everything correct on the pretests and study questions, but totally messed up on the test.  So I'm just going to study hard.  Again.  Hopefully, not too much.  Haha.  But here's the thing, Chemistry 2 is the only class I actually have left.  I only have my practicum left and due to more awesome friends, I have a lead on a placement. So close! 
  • Our Alaskan Cruise with our family is booked.  I am looking into roadtripping it out to Seattle instead of flying.  It will save me about $2000 and we will get to see more of the country!  It will add a few extra days to our vacation, but I have plenty of time with work.

How are things going for you this week?  what are you looking forward to?

2 comments:

  1. A chinchilla! Squee. I bet it's so cute. My daughter had vowed to own one someday. Since we already have 2 cats and 5 fish, I'm playing the mean mom card and saying no to additional pets.

    Good luck on getting through Chemistry 2. I had two years of that stuff in college and it was a bear.

    An Alaskan Cruise sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! A road trip out to Seattle and then an Alaskan cruise? When are you going? Do you have room in your luggage for me? :-P

    Hope you are able to get your car fixed soon. If you think it will be covered under warranty, what's the hold up? (Of course, I say that, but I know what a hassle it can be to get your car into a mechanic. You have to take off work and work with their schedule, etc, etc…)

    I wish you lots of luck on your next chem test. Could you talk to your teacher about doing a re-test? And definitely be sure to look over your answers in comparison to the teacher's and make sure some weren't marked wrong that were right. You could even offer to come in for some tutoring. Let your teacher know that you spent a lot of time studying and still didn't pass. Maybe you are missing something incredibly simple? I don't know … just an idea. :)

    ReplyDelete