Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Spaghetti Pie!

I made a new to us recipe last night and it turned out really well!
When I look up recipes, I just look them up to get the gist of them and then go out on my own.

There are four layers in this spaghetti pie.

The first one is cooked spaghetti noodles, parm cheese, butter and an egg.  You mix that all together, it will get a little thick and stick together nicely.  That is your bottom layer.

The second layer is ricotta cheese.  You spread that evenly over the noodles.

The third layer is pasta sauce and I added meatballs to our recipe (pretty much because I had them in the freezer).

After the third layer, I put it in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.

After the 20 minutes, I added the top layer of Italian Mix cheese and baked it another 10 minutes.

We had it with garlic parm bread.

It makes a lot and there are plenty of leftovers.  In fact, that is what I am eating for lunch right meow.  I brought some for my friend to eat and I'll still have a piece for dinner tonight.
 
While I was waiting for things to bake, I was cleaning out the cabinets.  Kibben decided he wanted to help.  He's a good little man.
He also stared at me from the top of the fridge while I was preparing dinner.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment