Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Blogging from A to Z: Bean and Beef Burritos

That Peyton boy.  He loves his Burritos.  So here we go, a simple, easy burrito recipe that will please the crowd and makes a good lunch for the next day.

Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
You need a pound of ground beef.  That looks like more than a pound, but it's only because I used a small skillet.  I wasn't paying attention when I grabbed it.
You brown your ground beef and then mix in the seasoning.
You can make your own with cumin, garlic, chili powder and oregano, but I'm going to tell you what I did....I bought the prepackaged burrito seasoning for seventy-six cents.  Just make sense.

You need a large can of the red enchilada sauce.  You will want to pour half of the enchilada sauce into the pan.

Do you like my pan?  It's quite lovely and I enjoy it.

Next, we lay our tortilla out and put refried beans on one half and the seasoned ground beef on the other.  We top it with cheese.

Wrap them up all beautifully and place them in the pan.

Pour the rest of your enchilada sauce on top.  Then MOOORRREEE CHHEEESSEEE!
Cover with foil and bake for around 20 minutes.
You want them to get super hot!
Take the foil off and bake for around 5 minutes more.  Just to melt that cheese.
Pull them out of the oven and serve hot!

You can top with sour cream, guacamole, hot sauce, etc...whatever your heart pleases.

This is an easy dinner.  Let me know if you try it out.

7 comments:

  1. Oh great, now I am hungry for burritos! And MORE CHEESE...Yes! I'm heading to the store later today so I better add tortillas to my list. I think I have everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment on my blog. I love Mexican food! This is awesome. My oven doesn't work, so I can't duplicate it (and I don't cook with a microwave).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yum. Now I want burritos…

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that cheese is what interests me, plus the other toppings. I would probably skip the wrapping so I'm not sure it would still be called a burrito but still plenty filling. And, yes, I love the color of your pan.
    http://gail-baugniet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes more cheese! You can never have enough cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally doing this this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Burritos are such a crowd pleaser!
    Stephanie Finnell
    @randallbychance from
    Katy Trail Creations

    ReplyDelete