Sunday, November 1, 2015

Girl Scouts: Book Artist

 
My Girl Scout Troop completed their Book Artist badge.  We traveled out to Lawrence, KS to an art studio named Muddy Waters.  It was worth the drive out there. 
 
The Girls completed each part of their badge.
 
They made their own books.  They learned about different ways to bind books. 
 
Each girl got to go through a box of old photographs to create their own stories with.  The instructor got the idea from a book called Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children.  And yes, I have read it.  I really like it.  The second book to it though, not so much, it got super weird. 
 
I won't show the photographs Alli picked right now.  I want to hear her stories first.  She had particular people in mind with each picture she picked out. Mine is a cat. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment