Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Masquerade Party: KCRW Awards Dinner

I joined KCRW mid season last year.  I was feeling stuck in a rut in my derby life and needed to see improvement.  KCRW did that for me.
This past weekend, the league had the award dinner for the year. 
It was held at Memorial Hall, where our bouts take place, but it was up in the ballroom.
I had no idea there was even a fancy pants ballroom in the joint.
There was a black "carpet" and balloons leading the way to the ballroom.
The theme was a Masquerade Ball.
They did an amazing job with the décor and made it feel like a real
award banquet and that it was something special.


I love this ballroom. 
All of us received dinner and two drink tickets.
Margaritas are the best.
I don't drink much but when I do I enjoy tequila.
Dinner was a spicy chicken alfredo and it was the bomb.
The catering company we used is the one we use during games.
So if you want their yummy food during the game, I recommend the BBQ Nachos.
Someone had a little too much fun :)
My mask.  I'm sad it doesn't show all the feathers and such in the picture.
I didn't win anything.  I never have for derby.  Not even an MVP.
I'm one of those that are not noticed but I do a lot of work for my team.
Anyway, it was a fun night and I appreciate all the work that people put into it.
It was nice to see all my friends dressed up and not in helmets.

No comments:

Post a Comment