Wednesday, April 12, 2017

J is for....

Jacket, Journey, Jewel, Judge, Jump.....


J words are hard. 


I know we will need jackets on this grand vacation (JOURNEY!) of ours.  Jackets are okay, but I like hoodies better.  They seem warmer to me.  Maybe I'm cray.


South Dakota temperatures are fairly cool during the end of May and beginning of June.    The temps for Wyoming look to be in the 60s and 70s during the day.


Yellowstone does have a place that we can jump in a river.  It is called Firehole Canyon.  The River is supposed to be warm year round.  This is the only sanctioned swimming hole in Yellowstone that will be open while we are there.  We will definitely have to make the jaunt to jump in this River. 


Jewel Cave is a place that we can go if we have extra time. It's a first come, first serve cave tour.  It's warned if you don't get there super early, that you probably won't get in on the cave tour.  That's why I'm opting towards the Wind Cave instead.  I like caves but I'm not going to spend half a day waiting to tour one. 


2 comments:

  1. You're going to have such a grand adventure. Yellowstone is still my favorite National Park, mainly because of the wildlife. Every visit is different!

    J: Joshua Tree, Jackson & Jerome
    DB McNicol, author & traveler
    Theme: Oh, the places we will go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! J words are indeed hard!

    Visiting from A to Z

    ReplyDelete