Friday, April 28, 2017

writers workshop: Where Would You Go?

You have to move away from your state in one month. List 6 destinations you wouldn’t mind relocating to.


Iceland

I want to live there.  I want to live in a place that I don't know the language.  I want to live in a place that eats "weird" food.  I just want to live in a place as beautiful as Iceland with abundant natural features to discover.  That island of fire and ice could keep me busy for a very long time.


Eureka Springs, Arkansas



I love Eureka Springs.  They have Turpentine Creek, the Crescent Hotel, the big Jesus statue and lots of outdoor space.  Hiking, climbing, caving, camping all in the mountains of Arkansas.  Yes, Arkansas has mountains.  Mountains that are much older than the Rockies.


New Orleans, Louisiana

Why not?  Only for a short short though.  I don't think I could handle it for very long.


Somewhere on the big continent of Australia


Another why not?  It's not hurting anything, is it?!  And there is a lot of roller derby there.

Out in the Middle of Nowhere South Dakota



I could do all those awesome homesteading things.  It might be fun for a while.


I cannot think of a sixth one right now.  Actually, I can, but I'll keep it a secret. 


Linking up with Mama Kat this week for the Writer's Workshop.  You should check it out.




Mama’s Losin’ It

6 comments:

  1. Those places all sound awesome. My list would include Maine, London, France, Iceland or maybe the Netherlands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you want to visit us in Australia. Let me know when you come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it would depend on how long I was going to live somewhere else. LOL!

    Scotland, New Zealand, Australia, Montana (but not in winter) and Arizona.

    DB McNicol, author & traveler

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eureka Springs Arkansas looks gorgeous! Who knew! This is why I want an RV or travel trailer. So I can tool off and discover these places. At least the ones I can drive to. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to visit Iceland! I don't think I could move somewhere with a huge language barrier. I need to be able to order a pizza. ;)

    ReplyDelete