Thursday, August 15, 2019

First Day of School 2019-2020

 The first day of school has come around here!  It wasn't terrible.  Back to school shopping was easy.  Peyton found two pairs of jeans that he liked and a pair of shoes.  I got some athletic pants for him and he only wanted t-shirts in gray, white, blue and black...no writing on them. 
He only needed a few school supplies; two comp notebooks, some regular notebooks, pens and pencils.  As you can see, he in no one wanted to smile for me.  It looks like a mugshot.  It's his last year of middle school!  On to the Eighth Grade journey.  I am happy he doesn't hate his classes.
Buster wanted in on the fun and you can see Peyton is kinda smiling at him. :)
 He had me drive him up to the bus stop.  His bus comes at 6:42 am.  The high school bus passed us at 6:39 am.  Alli didn't ride the bus though, she got a ride from friends.
 Alli had fun shopping.  We went to Target, Marshalls and Plato's Closet to get her clothes.  She was spending her own money and was able to get a lot of things she liked at Plato's Closet.  We got her backpack at Marshall's and she picked up a few non-school things there also.  Our shopping day also consisted on Jack in the Box for lunch and we went to see "Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark".  It was so good.  I expect a sequel with how it ended.
Cinnamon rolls for breakfast!
 Buster was missing his boy and hanging out on his bed.  I was washing his comforter at the time.  Buster likes to unmake the bed and put himself under the covers.
 How was everyone else's first days?

3 comments:

  1. We start a week after everyone else in KS for some reason! Glad your kids had a good first day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have to do those first days anymore and your post makes me almost miss them...well, maybe not. At one point I was driving 3 kids to 3 different schools. Took me an hour each morning. Definitely don't miss that...or the homework thing. Hope your kids have a great year!


    Janet’s Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved back-to-school when I was a kid and even moreso when I had young kids :). My youngest son never wanted any graphics on his shirts when he was Peyton's age. Anti-button too.
    Buster is so cute, but I'm sure he misses the school kids!

    ReplyDelete