Monday, September 4, 2017

I guess I've always been goal driven


I cleaned out my shed over the long weekend.  I was long overdue and needed to be done.  I hadn't touch it in the almost four years since I moved here.
I found my "Me" book from my AP Psychology Class from my junior year in High School.
I thought I would do a recap of my "Hopes and Dreams"/goals page of the project.

First Goal: To Graduate High School -- pretty damn easy.  I graduated early.

Second Goal: To go to a Good College -- I didn't go to MU or a school in Washington state, but I did attend UMKC and I am currently attending WGU.  So good college goal was accomplished.

Third Goal:  To major in Pre Med or Secondary Education -- well, my bachelors is in Secondary Education-Social Sciences and my Master's will be in Secondary Education-Biological Sciences.  So goal accomplished.  What is funny though, is that I stated I wanted to teach Chemistry.  Bwahahahaha!  Chemistry is the debbil!

Fourth goal:  To get a good job -- I have that.  Hoping for a better job in the near future doing what I really want to do.

Fifth Goal:  To get married to someone that treats me "good" -- please excuse the horrible grammar.  I cringed when I read that.  I was married for quite a while.  It was not a good marriage.  
I don't know if I will ever get married again.  I am not even with anyone and I'm not looking.  My heart was crushed and maybe it's slowly putting the pieces back together.  I try not to focus on that and think of all the other awesome in my life, even though I do get lonely.  

Sixth goal:  To have two or three children.  Done!  I have three of them.  Two boy and one girl.
Goal accomplished.

All in all, looking at the big picture, I don't think I let my high school self down.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job! Pretty incredible that you still had your journal.
    I don't think I wrote any goals down in high school. If I did, I certainly don't have them to refer to anymore.

    ReplyDelete