I use this time to put my goals in place and review my goals from last month. I feel like September has been going on forever already. J
Round up of my goals for August!
Goals for August:
- Finish Chem II -- any tips or tricks or motivation is appreciated. -- I still can't get the course mentor to approve the final for me. Bleh. Weekly meetings still under works. Cross your fingers for me for approval.
- Actually start the Missouri National Parks Challenge. -- Fail
- Start cleaning out the extra bedroom and see what treasures I can find. -- I started on the extra bedroom, but I completely cleaned out the shed! That was something that was almost four years in the making!
- Solar Eclipse goal will be accomplished. -- this was the most amazing thing! I blogged about it. It made my heart so happy after what a day it was.
- Participate in blog link ups. -- did this.
- Start rebuilding my teaching portfolio. -- Working on this!
- Participate in the August Baking Challenge. -- Fail
- I want my August to be a month to get things done. -- I did get things done other than what was on my list. I was made Head of Recruitment for my roller derby league and had to do a lot of things in a short amount of time. But it's going well. Getting people in to play the derbies. Check out the recruitment blog I'm running. http://fcrdrecruitment.blogspot.com/
- Keep running the recruitment blog and have people stop by to check it out.
- Work on getting more people into training.
- Up my own training for Derby. I have slacked tremendously this summer and I feel it. Need to make a plan and stick with it.
- Keep participating in blog link ups.
- FINISH FREAKING CHEMSITRY
- Finish Science, Technology and Society Class
- Study, study, study for the Biology Praxis. (November or December test date)
- Make more contacts for my Northland Encampment programs. Even though I am not fond of the theme everyone but me voted for last night. I wanted an Amazing Race – World type theme. Everyone else wanted “There is no place like camp” So corny and I can’t do anything with programs around it. The reasoning was that the girls wouldn’t know what the Amazing Race is. Really?
- Apple Picking.
- Visit the Sunflower Farm.
- It's Birthday month for two of the children, so we will have fun with that.
September’s optional question - Have you ever surprised yourself with your writing? For example, by trying a new genre you didn't think you'd be comfortable in?
I have not surprised myself with my writing. I am boring. I like to stick with the same old things. Travel, Girl Scouts, Education, Sports, Books and children’s things.
I’m not terribly creative and I don’t know how I would fair in the world of fiction. I love reading fiction, and I know I will never be able to write like others.