I like Thai food and this seemed fairly easy.
Here's the recipe:
Thai Shrimp Soup
1 cup uncooked basmati rice
2 tablespoons butter
1 pound shrimp
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger
2 tablespons red curry paste
2 cans unsweetened coconut milk
4 cups veggie stock
juice of one lime
- cook the rice, set it aside
- melt butter, add shrimpy, salt and pepper, cook 2-3 minutes, set aside
- in a large sauce pan, add the garlic, then stir in ginger
- whisk in the red curry paste
- gradually add in coconut milk and veggie stock
- bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer around 8-10 minutes, let it thicken up a little
- stir in the rice, shrimp and lime juice
Let's see how I faired.....
So it's amazing. Better than I thought it would be.
Here are my modifications....
I added a bit of sugar to the rice as it cooked. I think the sweetness did well with this dish.
I did not use butter, I used olive oil to sauté the shrimp. I also added chicken. I did not set the proteins aside, I added the garlic and spices to it. I just kept everything in the same pan. Also, garlic....I added more. I like garlic though.