Wednesday, December 27, 2017

new years goals

New Year's is almost upon us.
This is the time of year when people set up resolutions.
Do most of those resolutions fail?  Mine do.
Mine fail because I do not think of a plan ahead of time to make them succeed.
Here is what I am going to do:
1. Write it down!  I am going to write mine in the blog.
2. Make them fun and things you actually want to do.
Why set a goal to run 5ks when you hate running and have no desire to run a 5k?
That's a goal setting you up for failure.
3. Make sure you have a positive spin on your goals.  If you put them in a negative frame of mind you will think of them negatively and not achieve them.
4.  Plan out what you are going to do to achieve the thing.
5.  Set small, specific goals with small rewards at the end.
6.  Share your experiences with others!  Inspire others, help others, help each other.


I'll share my goals later, after I nail them down a  bit more.
What are your goals? 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan, I'll check for your updates!
    I'm going to cook better meals. I say that every year. I'll implement your process, and maybe it will work this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my January goals is to not eat out and stick to a grocery budget. Eck! I already have a list of meals and lots of soup for the month. :)

      Delete