Origin: 1300; Middle English
- Delighted, pleased or glad, as over a particular thing
- Characterized by or indicative of pleasure
- Favored by fortune; fortunate or lucky
I didn’t realize thinking of five things that make me happy right now would prove so difficult. I am normally a happy person. Normally, this wouldn’t be a problem. Things are have hard lately. I try really hard not to focus on that. I don’t want to focus on that. I want to focus on things that will make me happy. So here is my go at it.
- A vacation. A vacation will make me really happy. I don’t know when said vacation will be happening. It will be awesome when it does happen though.
- Peyton playing baseball and Alli playing volleyball makes me happy. It makes me happy to see them doing so well at their given sports.
- The one big thing that will happen in the future will make me super happy. I’m really trying to be patient.
- Going to Worlds of Fun this weekend will make me happy. Even if I will probably spend a majority of it by myself. They are having a wine and food festival this weekend.
- Finding out that Meg Myer will be at Boulevardia and Zella Day will be at the Tank Room this month. Figuring out a way to get Lumineers tickets would make me happy too.
I'm really sorry that things are hard for you right now. I too find that it's hard to think of things that make me happy during those difficult times. Often it's the silly mundane things, like a cup of coffee in the morning or the way my dog greets me when I get home, that make me smile. It's not always necessarily the things that make me completely happy, but it's those brief moments that just make me feel ok enough.ReplyDelete
I hope that things get better for you.
Watching my kiddo play sports makes me happy too :) Have fun at the festival!!
You have a great quote to remind yourself that happiness comes from looking beyond the imperfections of (yourself, life, etc.) A vacation is something we can all look forward to. I hope your summer is full of happiness and making great memories!ReplyDelete
You found 5 things after all! I know what you mean though. It can be so hard to focus on the positives when you're feeling distracted by negatives. I hope that vacation happens sooner rather than later for you!ReplyDelete